Avoid Saturated fats like Dalda, Vanaspati etc.
Avoid deep-frying in any oil or Ghee.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF: –
- Some amount of dietary fat is essential for health. So it should not be stopped.
- The quantity of daily fat intake should be minimum.
E.g. For a normal adult weighing 60 kgs maximum fat intake should be 20 gms/day (4 tsps) and if complications exist, fat intake should be 10 gms/day (2 tsps)
- The method of cooking should also be considered. When oil is used for frying it loses the polyunsaturation, thus avoid deep frying, and prefer methods like seasoning, roasting, boiling, baking, grilling etc
WHAT IS THE BETTER CHOICE?
- Vegetable oils do NOT contain CHOLESTEROL
(eg. sunflower, groundnut, safflower, soya, mustard)
CHOLESTEROL is PRESENT only in animal fats.
- All types of oil will give the same number of calories. For instance, 1 gm of oil gives 9 kcals.
- Dalda and vanaspati ghee contain(s) saturated fat, which are not good for the heart.