Tips for continuing Healthy Diet while Traveling
You spend months in planning your trip, have you given a thought about planning your food as well while travelling.
After tourist places, food is the second thing most explored in a new country. Tasting new cuisines is a great experience; just keep portion control in mind.
Let your trip not ruin your past 2-3 months of healthy eating efforts.
Meals while travelling:
- Normally Breakfast is offered in the hotel you stay and dinners are in a restaurant were you have multiple options to select from.
- Lunch and in between snacking is what you have to be careful about.
For Breakfast, inform the chef previous night of what you require, they will be more than happy to serve you.
Things you can select from the breakfast buffet are:
- Beans with a toast (without butter)
- Stir Fried vegetables
- Baked Tomatoes
- 1 cup wheat flakes/Corn flakes/oats/muesli in skim milk
- Multi grain open sandwich
- You can pack and carry Masala Roti or theplas
- From hotel restaurant pack sandwiches or roti wraps.
- If eating from a restaurant, start with soups salads and order one serving of the main course
Food you can carry while Traveling:
- Roasted Chana
- Dried fruits
For Sweet Craving
- Date Chana Rolls
- Rajgira Ladoo (small size)
- Dark Chocolate
- Unsweetened fruit yoghurt
Avoid soda/colas with meals.